Unsurprisingly, Baldur’s Gate 3 continues to gain traction. Within just three days of its launch, it reached a new peak of concurrent players, surpassing Apex Legends, the popular free-to-play Battle Royale game developed by Respawn Entertainment, and securing a spot in Steam’s all-time Top 10 concurrent player peak with 646,000 registered users on SteamDB. The game is now only a few steps away from claiming the ninth spot, which is currently held by Goose Goose Duck, an indie game developed by Gaggle Studios, with 702,000 concurrent players. The eighth spot, occupied by Hogwarts Legacy, a mega-hit developed by Avalanche Software, seems a bit more distant with its 879,000 all-time peak.
While the developers are undoubtedly thrilled with these player numbers, they are still dedicated to fixing and enhancing the game. A few hours ago, they released the first hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3. This hotfix addresses numerous bugs and temporarily disables cross-saves, a feature that is currently unused and will only be relevant when the PlayStation 5 version launches on September 6th.
Here’s a list of the main crash fixes included in the hotfix:
- Fixed a potential issue of getting stuck in a dialogue during the first confrontation with a major boss.
- Fixed a rare problem where the player character states did not update correctly after dying.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during one of Astarion’s cinematic dialogues in the endgame.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when loading an old Baldur’s Gate 3 save game while at Last Light.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the brain reader in the Colony.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck in a loading screen when loading a savegame after dying.
- Fixed a blocker during Character Creation that prevented progression when choosing a Zariel Tiefling as the Guardian.
- Fixed a potential crash triggered by the light system.
- Fixed a startup crash related to the Steam API.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when quick-loading a game while a container or corpse was open for looting.
- Fixed a crash that could happen if an item unlocked a spell for a game entity without stats.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching race or class in Character Creation.
- Fixed potential crashes that could occur when closing screens like the options menu or ending dialogues.
- Fixed a potential crash when an enemy tries to use the Motivator during combat in the Steel Watch Foundry.
- Fixed a blocker that could occur if choosing to attack the Emperor during a dialogue after siding with him.
- Fixed a crash related to PhysX.
In the meantime, while players eagerly await the release of the Party Size increase mod, another notable mod has surfaced on Nexus. This mod unlocks the default level cap of Baldur’s Gate 3, which is 12, allowing players to potentially reach the traditional level cap of 20 in Dungeons & Dragons. It should be noted that individual classes cannot exceed level 12, but multiclassing can help achieve level 20, as depicted in the featured image showcasing a level 12 Fighter/level 8 Barbarian combo. Thanks to Larian’s removal of attribute requirements for multiclassing, characters can now freely multiclass into any combination they desire.
The mod offers three variants: the first simply unlocks the level cap without any XP boost, meaning players can exceed level 12 by a level or two if they complete all activities. The second variant reduces the required XP for level up, potentially enabling players to reach level 20 by maximizing their experience points. The third variant allows players to immediately reach level 20 with only 200 XP, but it is intended for testing purposes rather than serious gameplay.
To install the Level 20 (Multiclass) mod, simply download the file from Nexus Mods and extract it into the Baldur’s Gate 3/Data folder. We would love to hear about your experiences with the mod and the game as a whole in the comments section below.
Denial of responsibility! SamacharCentrl is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Basant Kasayap is an entertainment aficionado who delves into the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry. From Hollywood to Bollywood to regional cinema, she offers readers an insider’s perspective on the world of movies, music, and pop culture.