Just 24 hours after the much-anticipated release of Baldur’s Gate 3, Larian Studios has wasted no time in addressing any initial issues with the game by releasing Hotfix #1. This update, which bumps the version number of BG3 up to 18.104.22.16824901, focuses on tackling bugs, improving performance, and resolving crashes and progression blockers.
Hotfix #1 specifically targets key areas of the vast RPG that have been causing problems since its launch. The hotfix addresses dialogue glitches, crashes, and multiplayer quirks, among other issues. One notable fix involves a problem with dice rolling, where fast and repeated attempts would consistently result in failure. Additionally, Larian has identified the root cause of a persistent issue affecting saves, which is related to cross-saving with the PlayStation 5 version of the game. To prevent this issue, Larian has temporarily disabled the cross-saving feature until it can be fixed. It’s important to note that this will not affect in-game or Steam Cloud saves.
Please be aware that some of the patch notes contain spoilers, which we have chosen to omit from this article. However, if you’re interested in reading the full patch notes, including spoilers, you can find them here. For now, let’s take a look at the Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #1 patch notes for the August 4 update:
– Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in a dialogue during the first confrontation with a major boss.
– Resolved a rare problem where player character states would not update correctly after death.
– Fixed a crash related to one of Astarion’s cinematic dialogues in the endgame.
– Addressed a crash that could occur when loading an old savegame while at Last Light.
– Fixed a crash that could happen when using the brain reader in the Colony.
– Resolved an issue that could cause players to become stuck in a loading screen when loading a savegame after death.
– Fixed a blocker during Character Creation that was preventing progression for players who chose a Zariel tiefling as their Guardian.
– Added an error message to prevent crashes caused by mods when starting the game.
– Temporarily disabled Larian Account cross-saves to resolve an issue that was blocking loads and saves. Steam cross-saves are unaffected.
– Fixed a startup crash related to the Steam API.
– Resolved a crash that could occur when quick-loading a game while a container or corpse was open for looting.
– Fixed a crash that could happen if an item unlocked a spell for a game entity without proper stats.
– Addressed a crash that could occur when switching a race or class during Character Creation.
– Fixed potential crashes that could occur when closing screens such as the options menu or when ending dialogues.
– Resolved a potential crash when an enemy attempted to use the Motivator during combat in the Steel Watch Foundry.
– Fixed a blocker that could occur if players choose to attack the Emperor during a dialogue after siding with him.
– Resolved a crash related to PhysX.
– Players will now correctly join cinematic dialogues that require all players to be present if they were previously listening in.
– Fixed an issue that allowed players to eavesdrop on private dialogues using the context menu.
– Addressed an issue that caused players to get stuck and unable to join a dialogue if someone else was already in one.
– Fixed hair physics on drow and elf male strong body types.
– Fixed an issue causing phase spiders to skip their turn in combat if they were standing on a destroyed web.
– Fixed an issue with dice rolling, where retrying could cause the roll to fail if bonuses were being applied and the player was clicking rapidly.
– Duplicate spells will no longer appear on followers’ hotbars, and their radial menus can no longer be customized. Please note that followers are not companions or full party members.
– Fixed Dark Urge randomization in Character Creation for non-white dragonborn characters.
– Resolved an issue that prevented interaction with Withers in one of the camp locations.
– Fixed issues in cinematic dialogues when eavesdropping.
– Fixed an issue causing character models for half-orcs, dragonborn, and half-elves to not update correctly when unequipping armor in the character sheet.
– Fixed some issues with prepared spells during Level Up when multiclassing.
– Version numbers are now hidden during dialogues.
– Fixed splitscreen cinematics displaying sampling garbage.
– AUDIO: Fixed audio issues with grunts, shouts, and moans in gameplay and cinematics.
– Fixed a line being cut off when speaking to the Restless Myconid in the Underdark.
– Removed a clicking sound during the credits.
– Adjusted audio levels in a dialogue with Mayrina in the Lower City.
– Fixed a bug causing textures to appear in bright neon colors.
– Fixed a splitscreen issue causing characters to remain invisible after a dialogue ends.
– Resolved an aspect ratio issue when FSR is active during splitscreen.
– Fixed surface texture details not updating when changing Texture Detail in the game video options.
– Fixed characters looking in the wrong direction in a dialogue with Mizora.
– Fixed the Emperor turning backwards in an endgame cinematic.
– Fixed a camera issue with the deep rothé.
– Fixed camera and lighting issues with the strange ox at Last Light.
– Fixed a blank screen in the cinematic when wearing one of Auntie Ethel’s masks.
– The nautiloid crash scene will now play even if your avatar is dead and a companion used the transponder instead.
– Fixed a clipping issue with characters in a cinematic dialogue in the Colony.
– Fixed the avatar’s head popping into place during a dialogue in the Colony.
– Fixed Cazador’s staff disappearing in a cinematic dialogue.
– Fixed a camera that was zoomed in too far on a wolf.
– Fixed Lae’zel’s head popping in a dialogue with Vlaakith.
– Fixed Orin and her victim clipping into an altar.
– Fixed a blocked camera in the dialogue with Lunkbug and Laridda.
– Fixed companions disappearing the morning after the Dark Urge gives into a particular Urge.
– Fixed lighting issues in a scene with Z’rell at Moonrise Towers.
– Fixed Araj’s hands clipping when talking to her in the Lower City.
– Fixed some companions being visible in the background of dialogues where they shouldn’t be.
– Fixed Ketheric’s corpse standing back up in an idle pose.
– Fixed a blocked camera in the dialogue with the ogres at the Blighted Village.
– Fixed Raphael popping during the dialogue with the orthon.
– Resolved camera, audio, and character movement issues in the dialogue with the monk’s amulet.
– Fixed a looping animation in the cinematic dialogue with the Brewer.
– Fixed clipping of male halfling Dark Urge’s hand through his body when lying down.
– Fixed lighting issues in the endgame cinematic.
– Fixed Jaheira’s jittering and popping hands in a dialogue in the Lower City.
– Fixed a repeating animation on the submersible.
– Fixed Wyll looking in the wrong direction when recruited.
– Added reactions to the player character’s face when talking to the ox in Last Light.
– Fixed clipping between two Zealots of the Absolute in the Colony.
– Fixed popping issues with Cazador in several dialogues with Astarion.
– Fixed issues with character direction, animations, and cameras in the final combat cinematic.
About the Author:
Steven Mills – As a staff writer, Steven has been honing his writing skills for over ten years. He is particularly passionate about story-driven RPGs like the Final Fantasy series and action RPGs like Diablo and Path of Exile. However, he is open to trying out any game that piques his interest.
Denial of responsibility! SamacharCentrl is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Basant Kasayap is an entertainment aficionado who delves into the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry. From Hollywood to Bollywood to regional cinema, she offers readers an insider’s perspective on the world of movies, music, and pop culture.