It’s been about six weeks since Baldur’s Gate 3 was released, and the third bigger patch is already here. Larian Studios has been quick and thorough with patches for the CRPG so far, and Patch 3 is no different. Perhaps most importantly, Patch 3 makes Baldur’s Gate 3 fully supported on Mac. Saves of previous versions are not compatible, and Larian recommends Mac players fully uninstall previous versions of BG3 to minimize potential issues.
Feature-wise, a new Magic Mirror is now at camp. Players can interact with the Magic Mirror to change their appearance at any time, however many times they want. While appearance, voice, pronouns, and your…uh…special parts, can be changed, race/subrace and body type cannot. Also, origin characters, hirelings, and full illithids cannot use the Magic Mirror. I guess this means I should stop guzzling down tadpoles.
Patch 3 for Baldur’s Gate 3 also includes some additional changes to gameplay, combat, and performance. We’ve included some of the non-spoiler patch notes below, but you can view the full Patch 3 notes here.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Patch 3 notes
- Baldur’s Gate 3 is now fully supported on Mac!
- A Magic Mirror that lets you change your appearance is now available at camp!
- Fixed Level 4 or higher Divine Smite allowing you to add Divine Smite as a reaction, allowing for two Divine Smites in 1 attack.
- Fixed the Divine Smite damage increasing over the cap of 5d8.
- Made several improvements to the Poltergeist enemy: they are now revealed on being attacked or hit with Radiant Spirit Guardians; they will not turn Invisible again if they are still in a character’s See Invisibility aura; in Balanced and Explorer Mode, they have disadvantage on Dexterity Saving Throws when Invisible; the range of their attacks has been reduced; and they won’t try to keep distance from the player in combat so that they are easier to find.
- Fixed the Sneak Attack damage bonus not increasing to 6d6 at Level 11.
- Fixed a case where multiple Smokepowder Arrows could be used for free while the Extra Attack feature was active.
- The colours on the PS5 controller will now match elemental damage types more closely.
- Improved performance in the Lower City. More to come!
- Made dye colours more intense and more visible on some armours. This will only affect newly dyed items.
- Dragonborn characters can now select any of the barbarian piercings.
- Fixed Shadowheart going blonde when equipping a hat.
- Improved the reflection in the Spectator’s eye in the Underdark.
- Fixed face tattoos disappearing when zooming out.
- The following spells will now correctly break the Sanctuary condition: Call Lightning, Evard’s Black Tentacles, Polymorph, Hunger of Hadar, Fear, Ice Storm, Flesh to Stone, Divine Intervention, Hypnotic Pattern, Slow, Stinking Cloud, Banishment, Glyph of Warding.
- Level Up will now queue all characters who can be levelled up so you don’t have to click on them individually.
- Fixed some corpses never showing the ‘(empty)’ tag after you loot them.
- Fixed not being able to use some reactions while in disguise.
- Cazador’s staff, Woe, now correctly unlocks the Blight spell when equipped.
- Fixed several magic items and Volo’s Ersatz Eye losing their power after you are killed and revived.
- Fixed the Spell Sniper feat not working on attack spells.
- The Spell Sniper feat will now correctly reduce the Critical Hit threshold by 1.
- Fixed the Idol of Silvanus buff disappearing after Long Rest.
- Mummies raised through Create Undead can now Jump to follow you around better.
- The Everburn Blade now correctly sets explosive surfaces and explosive objects alight when hit.
- The Misty Escape feat will no longer break concentration.
- Reading shop signs will no longer be considered a crime.
- The Cutting Words reaction is now set to Ask by default.
- Summoned zombies and skeletons will no longer be able to pick up loot and disappear with it when dismissed.
- The Azer summon’s Overheat ability is now available on its hotbar when summoned.
- The Nimblefinger Gloves now correctly apply their Dexterity bonus to gnomes, halflings, and dwarves.
- Fixed an Animate Dead exploit allowing you to summon 2 skeletons from the same corpse.
- Optimised how the game handles object selection on controller.
- Fixed Sovereign Spaw being able to resurrect hirelings with Animating Spores. We taught him to not use this on player characters anymore.
Denial of responsibility! Samachar Central is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Basant Kasayap is an entertainment aficionado who delves into the glitz and glamour of the entertainment industry. From Hollywood to Bollywood to regional cinema, she offers readers an insider’s perspective on the world of movies, music, and pop culture.