ASUS has just announced new variations for the ROG Phone 6 and they are the Phone 6D and Phone 6D Ultimate. The new smartphones now come with the MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ and have an optimised thermal design with AeroActive Cooler 6 for better cooling. The smartphones also come with a whopping 6000mAh battery to provide longer hours of gaming for the user. Let’s check both the smartphones out in depth.
The ROG Phone 6D Ultimate is here!
Featuring the latest MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ CPU and world-leading internal cooling technology, AeroActive Portal.
It will definitely raise your game into a different league!
— ROG Global (@ASUS_ROG) September 20, 2022
Get more with the ROG Phone 6D series!
✅Flagship Dimensity 9000+ with 16GB LPDDR5X RAM
✅Brand-new AeroActive Portal (only on ROG Phone 6D Ultimate)
✅Impressive 165Hz/1ms AMOLED display
✅Futuristic Space Gray color
— ROG Global (@ASUS_ROG) September 19, 2022
ROG Phone 6D and Phone 6D Ultimate
- The new ROG Phone 6D and Phone 6D Ultimate comes with the all new MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ chipset, which is one of the most powerful chipsets out there today. The CPU clock speed for the chipset is a whopping 3.2Ghz which 5% faster in CPU performance and 10% faster in GPU performance when compared to the previous generation.
- The ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate sports the LPDDR5X RAM with 17% more memory bandwidth and up to 15% less latency. Users will have the choice of upto 16GB LPDDR5X RAM and upto 512GB UFS 3.1 ROM storage space.
- This is one of the exciting additions to the new smartphone, as the thermal system has been upgraded to provide an even better cooling system. The Thermals include the AeroActive Cooler 6, AeroActive Portal, Dual Batteries, 30% larger vapour changer, 85% larger graphite sheet and a Centered CPU design.
- The ROG Phone 6D Ultimate comes with 2 displays, a 2-inch OLED rear display called ROG Vision and a 6.78-inch AMOLED front display, the Phone 6D just has the 6.78-inch AMOLED display. The ROG Vision is a rear matrix colour display which illuminates with varying animations depending on the task. An incoming call, or the phone charging, or when the X mode is active, all of these will be highlighted differently through ROG Vision. Users will also be able to create custom animations.
- The front display provides the most premium visuals to the user, with high quality and low latency. The new display also sports a 165Hz refresh rate along with a 720Hz touch sampling rate. This addition has been made to achieve low latency and ultra responsiveness.
- The AirTrigger has been upgraded to provide more control. The ultrasonic sensors will support a series of gestures such as Taps, Horizontal Slide, Vertical Slide, Swipe, Dual Partition, Dual Control, Dual Action, Press and Lift and Gyroscope Aiming.
- The MediaTek HyperEngine 5.0 has been enhanced to provide features like AI-variable Rate Shading, Frame Rate Smoother and Smart Resource Optimisation.
- Gaming is the main selling point for ROG smartphones and the Phone 6D Ultimate has taken it a notch higher. Armoury Crate, one of the beloved gaming features has now been completely redone, providing a futuristic interface. Players will now be able to add customised scenarios for every application, not just gaming.
Audio and Battery
- The ROG Phone 6D and 6D Ultimate come with the GameFX audio system along with symmetrical dual speakers and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Both the smartphones sport a 6000 mAh battery with a USB Power Delivery HyperCharge Adapter which advertises 0% to 100% in just 42 minutes.
- Both the smartphones sport a flagship triple camera system at the back of the smartphone. The primary shooter is a Sony® IMX766 50-megapixel wide-angle lens. The secondary shooter is 13-megapixel ultra-wide lens and the third and final lens if a 5-megapixel Macro Lens.