Fortnite update 22.40 PATCH NOTES, server downtime, 40-vs-40, Miles Morales, Fracture leak | Gaming | Entertainment
Fortnite fans are counting down to the release of update 22.40. The brand new Fortnite update has a November 15 release date on PS5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and Android. Unfortunately, however, the update will be accompanied by a period of extended server downtime, which kicks off at 9am GMT UK time. Matchmaking will be disabled 30 minutes before the release of the update at 8.30am.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a brief preview about what to expect from update 22.40.
“Get ready to battle with 39 of your closest friends for v22.40!” reads an Epic tweet. “Downtime will begin at 4 AM ET with matchmaking being disabled shortly beforehand.”
While there’s no official server downtime schedule, the game usually stays offline for a couple of hours, meaning it should be back online at around 11am.
As you can see from the Epic tweet, the new update will introduce the heavily rumoured 40-vs-40 Zero Build mode.
The limited-time event pits teams of 40 against each other, similar to the classic 50-vs-50 gameplay introduced in earlier seasons.
Of course, 40-vs-40 isn’t the only things fans can expect from the update, with rumours from insiders such as Shiina that Spider-Man hero Miles Morales might make an appearance as a guest skin.
With Epic recently announcing plans to hold an end of season extravaganza in just a couple of weeks, there’s a strong chance insiders will leak some information about the Fracture event.
Of course, the new update will make various gameplay tweaks and bug fixes, which you can read about in the early 22.40 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 22.40 patch notes…
Battle Royale fixes:
• In Battle Lab, players may be kicked back to the hub when entering water
– When entering any water in Battle Lab, players may get kicked back to the hub.
• Some previous battle pass outfits are missing color
– Some outfits from previous Battle Passes may appear completely white and not their intended color.
• Prop Movers can’t always be reactivated in a round
– In matchmaking, Prop Movers can’t be reactivated in a round if they were activated in a previous round