If “activating Linux” sounds at all intimidating, fear not: the process couldn’t be simpler. All Chromebooks have an operating system based on Linux, and most allow users to install and run Linux-based apps. It goes like this.
- Click the clock in the lower right-hand corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Click the gear icon to access Chrome OS Settings.
- Look along the top of the window for a menu called Linux or Linux (Beta).
These three steps will determine whether your Chromebook is able to run Linux apps or not. If the Linux or Linux (Beta) menu doesn’t appear under Settings, you won’t be able to run Linux programs. If it does, just two more simple steps will enable the machine to run Linux apps like Heroic Games Launcher.
- Click the Linux or Linux (Beta) option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
The process of activating Linux apps differs slightly between various Chromebook models, but all of them provide step-by-step instructions. Once you’ve completed them, all that’s left is to install the Heroic Game Launcher app!