Minecraft 1.18 Snapshot 21w42a is set to deploy later today and will hopefully include plenty of bug fixes and new features.
With a precise release date for the full 1.18 update still not confirmed, the only way fans are able to keep their anticipation levels down is by jumping into the new weekly snapshots.
These snapshots aim to let the developers release a small number of features each time, with players being able to test them and report any bugs found so that they can be rectified by the time the full release comes around.
So, what can fans expect from this weeks new 21w42a Snapshot? Well, check out the full patch notes right here in this article.
- READ MORE: Terraria Console Update 1.25 Patch Notes
Minecraft 1.18 Snapshot 21w42a Release Time
Although an official release time hasn’t been set by Mojang Studios for the release of 21w42a, the new updates are usually released every Wednesday between 7AM PT / 10AM ET / 3PM BST and 8AM PT / 10AM ET / 4PM BST.
But the exact time may vary depending on any issues that arise on the developers’ side.
Occasionally, weekly snapshots are sometimes delayed by a day. There is currently no word on a delay, and 21w41a should be set to arrive later today (October 13). If a delay to the new Snapshot is announced, we will update this article.
- READ MORE: Is There A Minecraft Halloween Event or Update For 2021?
Minecraft 21w42a Patch Notes
Below you will find the official patch notes for the latest Minecraft 1.18 Snapshot, 21w42a.
NEW FEATURES IN 21W42A
- New music has been added to the game
- Added world autosave indicator for single-player worlds
- Added new music by Lena Raine and Kumi Tanioka to the Overworld (when playing in survival mode) and to the main menu
- Added a new music disc from Lena Raine titled ‘Otherside’. This can be found on rare occasions in Stronghold corridor chests or much more rarely in Dungeon chests.
CHANGES IN 21W42A
- World spawn selection algorithm has been reworked, now spawns player according to climate parameters
- World generation tweaks
- Lava springs can generate in mountains and snowy terrain
- Water springs don’t generate higher than y 192, and are slightly less common
- Badlands gold generates higher up
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 21W42A
- Replaced light and barrier particles with block_marker
- Renders with texture declared in particle slot for model assigned to configured block state
- Summoned with same syntax as block particle (i.e. block_marker wheat[age=2])
FIXED BUGS IN 21W42A
- MC-129912 – Player no longer spawned at highest level at world spawn
- MC-132347 – Spawning inside icebergs
- MC-214288 – Player does not spawn on the surface of the world when min_y is greater than 0
- MC-233771 – Parity issue: Light blocks do not display their light level when shown via a held light block item
- MC-236837 – The player can occasionally spawn underground when loading into a new world
- MC-238582 – Beaches generate between desert and ocean
- MC-238900 – Values of ‘Infinity’ in noise settings in default worldgen
Have something to tell us about this article?