The release of Todd McFarlane’s Spawn’s Universe #1 is now the top-selling first issue of any Image Comics title in the 21st century.
Spawn’s Universe #1 has the distinction as Image Comics’ top-selling first issue of the 21st century.
The new edition to the Spawn franchise by Todd McFarlane has sold over 200,000 units. Image projects the release of King Spawn, the first new Spawn ongoing series since 1992, will bypass the sales for Spawn’s Universe #1.
More additions to the Spawn franchise are in store. Following the release of Spawn’s Universe June 23 and King Spawn in August, October will see the debut of Gunslinger, followed by The Scorched in December. Both Gunslinger and The Scorched are predicted to sell more than 200,000 units each, which if it holds up means McFarlane will have crossed the threshold of 200,000 units with four different titles in less than six months.
Spawn’s Universe #1
- Written by Todd McFarlane
- Art by Jim Cheung, Todd McFarlane, Stephen Segovia and Marcio Takara
- Cover by Todd McFarlane
- IT’S HERE: THE OFFICIAL INTRODUCTION TO THE LONG-AWAITED SPAWN’S UNIVERSE!
- A double-sized issue that begins a storyline so huge that three NEW SPAWN-related monthly titles will spill out from it, including…
- A new SPAWN title.
- GUNSLINGER SPAWN monthly.
- And a new TEAM book bringing a handful of these characters together in their own book.
- With this one-shot…the world of SPAWN changes forever! New heroes. New villains, and more importantly, new titles coming to a comic shop near you. Join this list of artists as we unveil a historic moment in the mythology of SPAWN’S UNIVERSE:
- JIM CHEUNG
- TODD McFARLANE
- STEPHEN SEGOVIA
- MARCIO TAKARA
Spawn’s Universe #1 goes on sale June 23 from Image Comics.
KEEP READING: Greg Capullo Brings His Death Metal Energy to Spawn
Source: Image Comics
X-Men: A Powerful Mutant Just Turned Down One Of Krakoa’s Most Important Positions
About The Author