The Forbidden Scrolls will let you enter codes, but first, you need to beat a ball of bones
Vampire Survivors contains truly wacky secrets, some of which I’d never find without the community’s guiding hand. Even though it’s fun to catch up to the latest patches, I’ll admit, certain hidden characters have remained elusive to the point where I’ve kind of lost hope. Now, with a new unlockable called The Forbidden Scrolls of Morbane, it’s possible to input cheat codes to open up a bunch of stuff, including the trickiest secret characters.
That’s right — it’s Morbane time.
With the map, you can pause the game and you should see a white question mark below the level’s spawn point. Head there when you’re ready for a fight — some players prefer to stock up, but I rushed down there. You’ll come across a rolling ball of bones, and if you can whittle it away without the encroaching skeleton army taking you out, you’ll pick up the Forbidden Scrolls. This relic unlocks a “Secrets” option on the main menu.
To enter a code, just click on the blank “Cast Spell” box and start typing.
Alternatively, on the left, you can scroll through a list of a dozen hints that vaguely suggest how to manually unlock the secret characters in Vampire Survivors.
The game developers have shared a list of cheat codes.
Secret character codes
- secondevolution (Gyorunton)
- earrivatolarrotino (Big Trouser)
- lhovistoio (Cosmo Pavone)
- fettinepanate (Boon Marrabbio)
- iwillneverletyouforgetaboutme (Leda)
- pinociampino (Peppino)
- highfive (Gains Boros)
- ablasphemousmockery (Mask of the Red Death)
- foldinthecheese (Minnah)
- exdashexoneviiq (Exdash)
- tramezzini (Toastie if Exdash is already unlocked)
If you’re stuck on the clue “sometimes you just need to ask for help,” that entry is talking about Smith IV, a ghost. With Exdash and Toastie unlocked, you can get Smith by:
- Typing “spam” on the main menu, then quickly…
- Typing “spam” again on the character selection screen
- Typing “spam” a third time on the stage select screen
- Starting the run and typing “humbug”
- Quitting out of the run
It took me a few tries to get it right. Here’s a video walkthrough, if needed.
The other codes may not be useful if you’re deep in Vampire Survivors, but here they are.
fault (Grim Grimoire)
ydefault (Ars Gouda)
- leadmetothecheese (Milky Way Map)
- eggseggseggs (Glass Vizard)
- teleportustomars (Mindbender)
- randomazzami (Randomazzo + Arcana VI)
t (Great Gospel)
- thankelrond (Magic Banger)
- timecompression (Sorceress Tears)
nitihaveseenitihaveseenitihave seenitihaveseenit (Yellow Sign)
The creator of Vampire Survivors is laughing at us with that last one.
- relaxenjoylife (Il Molise)
- honesty (Moongolow)
- dotgogreenacres (Green Acres)
- rottingpizza (The Bone Zone)
- peakgamedesign (Boss Rash)
Main character codes
- noneladonna (Arca Ladonna)
- vivaladonna (Porta Ladonna)
- superladonna (Lama Ladonna)
- strongestcharacter (Poe Ratcho)
- bioparco (Dommario)
- faschiuma (Suor Clerici)
- accidenti (Krochi Freetto)
- crystalmakeup (Christine Davain)
- yattapanda (Yatta Cavallo)
- carramba (Bianca Ramba)
- reset (O’Sole Meeo)
- languorino (Sir Ambrojoe)
I genuinely didn’t think I was going to get the three ghosts on my own, so it’s nice to finally have them in the collection. I feel no guilt about unlocking them the easy way.