In light of Elon Musk’s ambitious plan to rebrand Twitter as X, the company is embarking on an amusingly eccentric estate sale to sell off items associated with its previous identity. Interested buyers will have the opportunity to participate in an online auction from September 12th to 14th, with all items starting at a mere $25. The available items mainly consist of standard office equipment like desks, printers, and laptop docking stations, befitting a large corporation.
Interestingly, some lots previously appeared in an auction held in January, including soundproof office booths and designer chairs. However, there are numerous new and intriguing items up for grabs that hover between being tragically nostalgic and amusingly peculiar.
Allow us to introduce you to some of the standout listings from the Twitter Rebranding auction:
1. “The Lodge”: This 20 x 20-foot seating booth, dubbed “The Lodge,” is a visual delight. Constructed from an authentic Montana barn, the booth features four tables and L-shaped benches. Despite its apparent lack of a roof, it could serve as an exquisite indoor installation. Place a bid of at least $25 to make it yours.
2. Robin Williams Tribute: For devoted fans of the late Robin Williams, this 13-foot long mural is a heartfelt homage. Comprised of screenshots of celebrity tweets honoring the beloved comedian, it would make a genuinely touching keepsake.
3. Bird-Themed Props: If you’re seeking unique collector’s items, these bird-themed props might catch your fancy. From decorative signs to wall art, they are ideal for adding a touch of whimsy to any setting. However, the most eye-catching pieces are an elegant wooden coffee table and a fascinating “Larry art boulder.” Place bids as you see fit, but remember that space might be a constraint.
4. Twitter Logo Building Fascias: The pinnacle of iconicity, the Twitter logo building fascias located on 10th street and Jessie street could become a prized possession. However, there’s a minor catch – you need to remove them yourself! The signs are currently mounted on X’s headquarters, and the responsibility of hiring an SF Licensed Company with appropriate permits to remove them falls on the buyer.
5. Agamograph Artwork: An agamograph is an intriguing type of image that changes depending on your viewing angle. This particular piece subtly transitions from a wide-eyed emoji to the question “What’s Happening?” – a sentiment shared by the remaining legacy employees at X. Secure this conversation-starter with a bid.
6. Patriotic-themed Artwork: Do you desire a touch of patriotism in your living space? Consider acquiring this unique statement piece, featuring a captivating design that proudly showcases an American-themed motif. It’s eccentric yet undeniably intriguing.
7. Famous Tweet Recreation: Display your love for internet culture with this recreation of a famous tweet. A tasteful addition to any home decor, it’s sure to spark conversations and garner attention from guests.
8. Vintage Retro Phone: Embrace nostalgia with this vintage retro phone. Functional and stylish, it adds a charming touch to any room. Don’t let this timeless piece end up in the trash; give it a new home.
9. Google Jamboards: These interactive whiteboards from Google, measuring 55 inches, are a remarkable find. With nearly 100 listings available, most of which are brand new and still in their original packaging, you can snag one for a starting bid of $25. Considering their typical price of almost $5,000 when purchased directly from Google, it’s a steal.
Don’t miss this opportunity to own a piece of Twitter’s history and quirky items that have gathered dust for far too long. Join the auction and inject character into your space with these captivating artifacts.
Denial of responsibility! SamacharCentrl is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Deepak Sen is a tech enthusiast who covers the latest technological innovations, from AI to consumer gadgets. His articles provide readers with a glimpse into the ever-evolving world of technology.