Would be nice to rotate and get a good result.
45’ — The second half is underway!
Halftime: No, we didn’t fall asleep, there were really no highlights.
Kickoff: We’re underway!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Thomas Tuchel has opted to field a heavily rotated Bayern Munich lineup today, although Harry Kane still makes the starting XI. Mathys Tel and Thomas Müller come into the side, while Leon Goretzka slots in at center-back in place of Kim Min-jae. Alphonso Davies returns to the XI, and Raphaël Guerreiro makes his first start in ages.
With no one left to beat but themselves, Bayern Munich host FC Copenhagen in a game that is mostly irrelevant to the outcome of Group A, from Bayern’s perspective. Sure, losing here would mean Manchester United have a MUCH harder time qualifying to the Round of 16, but there’s not a single Bayern fan in the world who cares about that, and neither does Thomas Tuchel.
What really matters is the six year unbeaten run that Bayern Munich have going in the Champions League right now, as well as the fact that many players in the squad are in dire need of some rest. With Matthijs de Ligt and Jamal Musiala already out with injury, Thomas Tuchel needs to also deal with the potential absences of Noussair Mazraoui and Kim Min-jae, putting serious pressure on the team’s depth. Given that he made zero substitutions in the Bundesliga last Saturday, people will be watching the coach rather closely.
It’s Bayern time.
While you’re waiting for the game, why not check out our podcast? Listen to it below or on Spotify.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 9:00 pm local time, 3:00 pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.
Hasibur Rahaman is a passionate sports journalist. He covers everything from cricket to field hockey, delivering up-to-the-minute updates and in-depth analysis of sporting events, both within India and on the international stage.