Welcome to the 489th edition of Android Apps Weekly. Here are the major highlights from the past week:
1. WhatsApp introduced a new feature that automatically silences calls from unknown contacts to reduce spam calls. It also announced that it will soon have Meta Quest support.
2. Gannet, the largest publisher in the US, filed a lawsuit against Google, alleging that the tech giant has a monopoly in the advertising space.
3. Spotify is nearing the release of its Hi-Fi subscription tier, called Supremium. The exact release date and cost are unknown, but it will include a Hi-Fi audio option and other perks.
4. YouTube TV is testing ways to present ads during breaks in programming that previously didn’t feature ads, which some users find counterproductive to the purpose of a “Zen” moment.
5. Google is expanding YouTube TV’s multiview streams to include options for business, news, weather, and more.
6. The Reddit protest has mostly ended, and subreddits are back up and running, including r/Android. The mods are seeking community input on how to move forward.
In app and game news:
1. Super Cat Idle: An action RPG with idle game elements, featuring colorful and enjoyable gameplay. However, the game faced backlash for giving certain players an unfair advantage during a pre-launch event.
2. Aerodocs: A document organizer app with features like quick search, encrypted vault for sensitive documents, and document scanning. The app is still new, so there may be some bugs, but it’s a useful tool for those who work with many documents.
3. The Witch’s Knight: A 2D open-world RPG where the player explores the world, defeats enemies, and levels up their character. It also includes an idle combat component.
4. Pixel Search: An on-phone search app that helps users find apps, shortcuts, contacts, files, and more. It has a clean and user-friendly interface, although its market may be limited.
5. Daisho: Survival of a Samurai: An action RPG set in feudal Japan, with open-world exploration, crafting, city building, and manual attack controls. While it takes some liberties with historical accuracy, it offers an enjoyable gaming experience.
If you have any other significant Android app or game releases or news to share, let us know in the comments.
Denial of responsibility! SamacharCentrl is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Deepak Sen is a tech enthusiast who covers the latest technological innovations, from AI to consumer gadgets. His articles provide readers with a glimpse into the ever-evolving world of technology.