It’s time for your daily Quordle fix! Get ready for some smart and creative hints, as well as the answers to both the main game and the Daily Sequence spin-off. Quordle has managed to maintain my interest even after 18 months of playing various word games online. It’s not only fun, but also challenging. And now, the online dictionary Merriam-Webster has introduced a new variant called the Daily Sequence, where you solve four puzzles consecutively. So, if you’re already searching for Wordle hints, you’ll definitely need some for Quordle as well. As a passionate Quordle and Wordle player since December 2021, I can guide you through solving Quordle today and improving your game for tomorrow. Keep reading for Quordle hints for game #540 and the answers to the main game and Daily Sequence.
SPOILER WARNING: The answers for Quordle today are revealed below. If you prefer not to know them, please refrain from reading further.
Your Quordle expert,
Social Links Navigation
UK Editor in Chief
Marc is TechRadar’s UK Editor in Chief and has been playing Wordle and Quordle for over a year. He has written numerous articles on these games for TechRadar and its sister site Tom’s Guide, including an in-depth analysis of the frequency of each letter in every position. Marc’s Wordle streak recently reached 500, and losing it would be devastating for him. Yes, he takes these games very seriously.
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #1 – Vowels
How many different vowels are in today’s Quordle?
• Today’s Quordle features 5 different vowels*.
*Please note that we refer to the standard vowels (A, E, I, O, U) as “vowels” and not Y, which is sometimes considered a vowel as well.
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #2 – Total vowels
What is the total number of vowels in today’s Quordle?
• The total number of vowels in today’s Quordle answers is 7.
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #3 – Repeated letters
Do any of today’s Quordle answers contain repeated letters?
• There are 2 Quordle answers today that contain repeated letters.
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #4 – Total letters
How many different letters are used in today’s Quordle?
• Today’s Quordle uses a total of 14 different letters.
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #5 – Uncommon letters
Do the letters Q, Z, X, or J appear in today’s Quordle?
• No, none of the letters Q, Z, X, or J appear in today’s Quordle answers.
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #6 – Starting letters (1)
Do any of today’s Quordle puzzles start with the same letter?
• Today’s Quordle answers do not start with the same letter.
If you only want to know the answers, you can scroll down now. But if you’re not ready yet, here’s another clue to make things easier:
Quordle today (game #540) – hint #7 – Starting letters (2)
What letters do today’s Quordle answers start with?
• The answers to today’s Quordle start with the letters D, H, S, and U.
Please DO NOT SCROLL ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE THE ANSWERS.
Today’s best deals for improving at Wordle:
Quordle today (game #540) – the answers
(Image credit: Merriam-Webster)
The answers for today’s Quordle, game #540, are…
How did you do today? Feel free to send me an email and let me know.
Daily Sequence today (game #540) – the answers
(Image credit: Merriam-Webster)
The answers for today’s Quordle Daily Sequence, game #540, are…
Quordle answers: The past 20
Quordle #539, Monday 17 July: LUPUS, ALIVE, SALLY, ABLED
Quordle #538, Sunday 16 July: STEAM, SALTY, SLOOP, TRUSS
Quordle #537, Saturday 15 July: CYCLE, FALSE, FRILL, HEAVY
Quordle #536, Friday 14 July: LIBEL, CABLE, WREAK, SCOPE
Quordle #535, Thursday 13 July: BASTE, QUERY, SNAIL, PEARL
Quordle #534, Wednesday 12 July: VOICE, MANGA, FROTH, BLOAT
Quordle #533, Tuesday 11 July: MODEL, AISLE, LIMBO, TULLE
Quordle #532, Monday 10 July: FILET, DULLY, IRATE, NOSEY
Quordle #531, Sunday 9 July: AXION, OFFER, DREAD, SADLY
Quordle #530, Saturday 8 July: BAGEL, SPITE, MAYBE, RADIO
Quordle #529, Friday 7 July: CLOUT, SMEAR, GAILY, ANGRY
Quordle #528, Thursday 6 July: HUNCH, LEFTY, ABBEY, RECUR
Quordle #527, Wednesday 5 July: HILLY, ALERT, SHEET, VODKA
Quordle #526, Tuesday 4 July: GUMMY, SQUAT, SUSHI, GAUDY
Quordle #525, Monday 3 July: DRUID, ENACT, APART, HEFTY
Quordle #524, Sunday 2 July: AMISS, SHOWY, LURCH, SAUCY
Quordle #523, Saturday 1 July: KNEAD, DALLY, AMAZE, IDEAL
Quordle #522, Friday 30 June: WOMAN, BAGEL, SUPER, ARISE
Quordle #521, Thursday 29 June: ISSUE, MOUNT, OVOID, SANER
Quordle #520, Wednesday 28 June: CEDAR, RUMBA, WIDOW, TITHE
Quordle FAQs: Everything you need to know
What is Quordle?
Quordle presents players with four simultaneous puzzles to solve, while Wordle challenges you with one new five-letter word each day. The rules are similar, but Quordle offers nine guesses instead of six. It can be played online via the Quordle website or through the Merriam-Webster site after its acquisition of Quordle last year. Just like Wordle, the answers are the same for all players each day, creating a global competition. The puzzles reset at midnight, giving you a fresh challenge every day. The website features a practice mode that I highly recommend using before diving into the actual game. Daily stats, including streak counts and Quordle achievements, are also available. Remember, Quordle is genuinely difficult.
What are the Quordle rules?
The Quordle rules are almost identical to Wordle:
1. Green represents correct letters in their correct positions.
2. Yellow indicates correct letters in the wrong positions.
3. Gray represents incorrect letters.
4. Each guess applies to all quadrants simultaneously, meaning a letter can be green in one quadrant, yellow in another, and gray in the remaining two.
5. Plurals are not accepted as answers.
6. Letters can appear multiple times, resulting in them being green, yellow, or a combination of both.
7. Every guess must be a valid word in Quordle’s dictionary.
8. Subsequent guesses do not need to include correct letters, and there is no equivalent of Wordle’s Hard mode.
9. You have a total of nine guesses to find the Quordle answers.
10. The daily Quordle must be completed before midnight in your timezone.
What is a good Quordle strategy?
Approach Quordle strategically to improve your chances of winning. With four puzzles and nine guesses, randomly guessing letters won’t suffice. Keep the following two tips in mind:
1. Use multiple starting words: Instead of relying on a single starting word, choose two or three strong starting words. One of them can be a highly effective starting word commonly used in Wordle. After that, select another word or two that utilize the most common consonants and any remaining vowels. For instance, my current starting words are STARE > DOILY > PUNCH. Together, they cover 15 letters of the alphabet, including all five vowels, Y, and nine of the most common consonants (S, T, R, D, L, P, N, C, and H). You can customize the selection, replacing H with
Denial of responsibility! SamacharCentrl is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Deepak Sen is a tech enthusiast who covers the latest technological innovations, from AI to consumer gadgets. His articles provide readers with a glimpse into the ever-evolving world of technology.