During the monsoon season, people with diabetes need to be especially vigilant about their skin due to the higher levels of humidity and moisture, which can contribute to a range of skin issues. Dr. Mahesh Chavan, an Endocrinology Consultant at Apollo Hospitals in Navi Mumbai, provides some valuable tips for diabetic individuals to ensure their skin’s well-being during monsoons:
- Maintain Proper Hydration: Adequate hydration is crucial for maintaining healthy skin. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day to keep your skin hydrated and support overall health.
- Prevent Fungal Infections: Fungal infections thrive in humid environments. Keep your skin dry, especially in areas prone to sweating, such as the groin, underarms, and under the breasts. If necessary, use antifungal powders or creams recommended by your doctor.
- Follow a Balanced Diet: A well-balanced diet plays a vital role in maintaining healthy skin. Ensure that your diet is diabetes-friendly and includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins to promote skin health and overall well-being.
- Take Care of Your Feet: Diabetic individuals are particularly susceptible to foot problems. Regularly inspect your feet for cuts, sores, blisters, or signs of infection. Keep your feet clean and dry, and apply a moisturizing foot cream to prevent dryness and cracking. Use a handheld mirror to thoroughly examine your feet each day.
- Opt for Breathable Clothing: Choose lightweight, breathable fabrics like cotton to reduce sweating and moisture buildup on the skin.
- Avoid Going Barefoot: Walking barefoot can be harmful to your feet, so always wear appropriate footwear to protect yourself.
Denial of responsibility! SamacharCentrl is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
Hemalata Nehete celebrates the art of living well, exploring topics ranging from travel and fashion to home decor and culinary delights, offering inspiration for readers seeking a balanced and enjoyable lifestyle.